In older editions of the book, the stories contain the phrase, "George was a good monkey, but very curious." In later editions, the phrase changes to, "George was a good monkey, and he was very curious." Why did the authors change the phrase?
I did not know this, but ( & and) it makes me very happy. I think George's curiosity was a very good thing, allowing him to search and understand his world. The original "but" has George's curiosity detracting from his "goodness". The revised "and" recognizes the curiosity adds to the goodness.
1 comment:
I did not know this, but ( & and) it makes me very happy. I think George's curiosity was a very good thing, allowing him to search and understand his world. The original "but" has George's curiosity detracting from his "goodness". The revised "and" recognizes the curiosity adds to the goodness.
Post a Comment